National Canine Association

Without these services the overall gameplay

Front Page Forums Local Canine Associations Events and Activities Without these services the overall gameplay

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  StevenCao 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

StevenCao
    Participant

Prior to going into it. Just an example of one of them. Made a few articles in the past about this as have others. These solutions have been used by players for the previous two years in Maplestory. They were just blocked this season on Maplestory 2 Mesos for sales May the 22nd which was when significant DDOS attacks were occurring and Maple had plenty of downtime. When they resolved the problems no one managed to connect with these services anymore. Most probably blocked along with everything else.

Ever since then, others and I haven’t only made an effort to contact these services concerning the issue connecting to Global Maplestory, but we have also contacted Nexon about it via service. Both services explained that they might no longer join either after conducting multiple evaluations and trying different things. I’ve gotten mixed responses from Nexon. I don’t believe the first one knew what I was inquiring as he just said he would pass it on to the programmers. I tried again a few months later and had been met with a different reaction.

As you can see them seem to believe it is just as any other private network. VPNs are clearly against the TOS and while W[tfast and Battleping are equally personal networks that they should not be blocked as they are utilized by thousands of players who suffer with high latency. Battleping also uses the users IP address to login before linking via the US server that Nexon would be able to see I would assume.

He also states the game should be playable without these services providing you have a broadband connection which is really not correct. Without these services the overall gameplay experience isn’t smooth. There are noticeable flaws in strikes and buffing. Also attempting to pull a dual flash jump close to immediately is impossible without those services.

You don’t need to have control over these 3rd party services. You merely need to unblock them. I discovered this also. As you can Maple M Mesos see this is quite recent. I really don’t know whether they are still attempting to have it working with the development group but a word on this could be nice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.